Incredible. My ipod died freezing this morning. So, I was without music all the way down from KL to Port Dickson. Talk about ultimate boredom... and panic. But thank God for Google, for then i found the solution.
1. Make sure your hold switch is off by sliding the switch away from the headphone jack. (so you see no orange under the switch)
2. Press and hold the following combination of buttons simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds to reset the iPod.
- iPod 1G to 3G: “Menu” and “Play/Pause”- iPod 4G+ (Photo, Video, Nano and Mini): “Menu” and “Select”
- iPod Mini or 4th gen iPod or higher (nano, video, photo), then you need to depress the Menu and Select buttons, not the Menu and Play button, to restart. The Select button is the center button in the middle of the wheel.
3. Upon reset your will see the iPod name and the Apple logo before it advances to the main Menu.