And met Davin who had birthday at the same spot with his gf, Nasa.
Also shook hand with Ms Malaysia 2003, Elaine Daly with her boyfriend. She definately turned head when she came into the pub.
And I must proclaim my first time getting 'hit on' by girls in pub. Well, a girl pulled me up to her friend who was also celebrating her birthday. Said that I was the 'most handsome looking' chap around and to kiss her friend as a birthday gift. Being a good sport ( ahem ) , i relented. haha. They then introduced themselves and I only remember that they are from Fuji Xerox. Well, she then said that her friend is very pretty and single.
"What about you?" She asked.
"Sorry, i am taken but am sure that both of you will have not problem finding man since both of you are pretty. " I answered. They are. Anyway, what a great moment for my manliness. hahah
Welcome to Sabah's Manukan Island , a short 30 minute boat trip fro Jesselton point
The birds were in the tree. It was a fabulous place. most of the places in Sabah are better maintained than Peninsular.
Bought some frozen seafood from KK Airport. Steam teochew style. The fish was yummy and the flesh was flaky. Good fish.
Last week, I had my experience of leading a pack of beautiful girls as the chi muis. In chinese weddings, chi muis literally means 'sisters' and is involved in the tradition of the groom picking up the bride. Their main task is to 'test' the groom thru a set of games , riddles or activities. So, this is the first time for me to be a chi mui ... and leading this evil group of feminines. :)
Joe: Sorry, not free tomorrow. Need to be a chi mui for a friend.
Mr/Ms X: You mean heng tai! ( brothers .. the set of evil masculines that is brought by the grooms)
Joe: No , Chi mui.
Mr/ Ms X: No la, its is called heng tai. ( thinking that my cantonese is bad).
Joe: Well, this time i will be on the bride's side and doing the game.
Mr / Ms X: Gasp, what are u doing there?
Anyway, the ladies and I have fun. See, i can handle 10 girls at once...
From Left: Audrey, Sherinder, Yee Lu, Chris the bride, Julianna, Ed the groom, Shek Kee, Ann, Shi-Lynn, Helena
A delegation of Iraqi bishops representing the country’s multifarious denominations has given a tragic picture of conditions in Iraq particularly the capital Baghdad.
The bishops have flown to Europe to explain the plight of their congregations and whether anything is left to be done not to let the country be emptied of its once prosperous Christian minority.
Numbers are receding drastically and from nearly 1 million Christians registered in the 1987 census the bishops said their church records now include a little bit more than one third of the figure.
Most affected have been Christians in Baghdad who once were served by nearly 100 churches.
The monasteries and seminaries have been shut down and U.S. occupation troops have occupied two of them in the restive and violent Doura neighborhood.
“I alone have to look after 2,000 displaced Christian families in Baghdad. They were forced to leave their districts simply because they were Christians,” one of the bishops said.
The bishops did not want their names mentioned for security reasons.
They were unanimous in their criticism of the United States and its blunders in Iraq.
They said the coming of the Americans has resulted in tragic consequences for their congregations as many in Iraq associate U.S. troops with Christianity.
“This democracy this man (President George Bush) has brought to us is that of tanks, kidnappings, random killings, car-bombing and massive marauding armies who go about their work with impunity,” another said.
The Chadean Catholics, who are the majority in Iraq, have now only eight functioning churches out of nearly 60. “The priests have left and the faithful have fled,” said the bishop.
The deserted churches and monasteries are being looted and ransacked.
Two of the functioning ones were forced to remove their crosses, one bishop said.
“We will stay and will be the last ones to leave but the tide of violence and insecurity the Americans brought with them is about to drown our communities,” the bishop added.
Three of the bishops still live in Baghdad despite their shrinking dioceses.
They said conditions in Baghdad were worsening despite the heavy presence of U.S. troops.
Insurgents and militants do not fear (U.S) Marines or Iraqi forces, they said, adding that certain quarters of Baghdad have even become more violent since the so-called U.S. surge.
1. NAMESIf Laurie, Linda, Elizabeth and Barbara go out for lunch, theywill call each other Laurie, Linda, Elizabeth and Barbara.If Mark, Chris, Eric and Tom go out, they will affectionatelyrefer to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla, Peanut-Head and Scrappy.
2. EATING OUTWhen the bill arrives, Mark, Chris, Eric and Tom will each throwin $20, even though it's only for $32.50. None of them will have anythingsmaller and none will actually admit they want change back.When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.
3. MONEYA man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.
4. BATHROOMSA man has five items in his bathroom: a toothbrush, shaving cream,razor, a bar of soap, and a towel from the Marriott. The averagenumber of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A manwould not be able to identify most of these items.
5. ARGUMENTSA woman has the last word in any argument.Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
6. CATSWomen love cats.Men say they love cats, but when women aren't looking, men kickcats.
7. FUTUREA woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
8. SUCCESSA successful man is one who makes more money than his wife canspend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
9. MARRIAGEA woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't. Aman marries a woman expecting that she won't change and she does.
10. DRESSING UPA woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty thegarbage, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail. A manwill dress up for weddings and funerals.
11. NATURALMen wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
12. OFFSPRINGAh, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knowsabout dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favorite foods,secret fears and hopes and dreams. A man is vaguely aware of someshort people living in the house.
13. THOUGHT FOR THE DAYAny married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in twopeople remembering the same thing.AND FINALLY.....A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying aword. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither ofthem wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard ofmules and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?""Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."