Untuk Tontonan ramai - eh hai mah ..

Dear Editor ,

I went to GSC Summit yesterday to catch the latest action epic called the "Kingdom of Heaven" led by Orlando Bloom. The excellent story is directed by Sir Ridley Scott ( Gladiator ) who is known to be able to capture battle scenes in a realistic manner.

Thus , to my horror I saw a small framed child ( perhaps 7-8 years old ) walking to his seat with 2 other adults during the opening scene when the head of a Blain's wife was chopped off. I checked with my girlfriend who confirmed that the rating for this movie is "U" - " Untuk tontonan ramai".

Here are some other scenes that I remember , perhaps due to their gory images.

1. Blood spurting out of Saladin emissary's throat
2. Killing of villages in a field where the head was chopped and collected in a container. You can hear the 'thunk'.
3. Head of Guy de Lusignan ( and some other ) on a stick.
4. Disfigured image of the "Leper King".

I am not even sure if the editor of the Star will publish this mail because of the description. So , I am not able to comprehend the logic of such poor judgments by the Censorship board for this show to allow even children to watch this. It is obscene.

Honestly , I can't imagine what is running through the child's mind when he was watching the show , nor those who went to watch the movie without prior research. I realized the importance of the censorship board yesterday to provide guidance or even restrictions. Yet , the censorship board is surprisingly liberal in their interpretation of this movie. I hope the Censorship board can justify their reasonings or review their guidance as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

About Me

My photo
Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
I am mysterious ... and leave la some comments if my writting make sense. Proud Of Malaysia and disillusioned by the direction.